My view on Briefing MP of any rosette colour..

Born of "Im not gonna write to my MP, Not worth it......." FROM MANY PEOPLE...

Everybody could attempt via email to brief their MP, and try to garner support of their MP for resignation of That Minister, the stats , lies, and everything are stacked and available to construct your briefings. This by alerting what you know of That Minister may educate Your MP, as they may not Know what you do. See what I mean? Be factual, be insistent. see what you can do. The more that do this, the more aware the MPs will be. IMHO.

This, amongst other matters is important that you DO communicate .

"My MP is a Tory and..."

Let me say they like you to think that way. they foster that you cant talk to them. If enough people removed the "no point in writing" thought that actively pervades effectively giving unwritten remit to non written to MPs.... then , as I have seen Tory MPs on casework, and also quoting communications in the HoC... do not think its pointless.

You can also publically blog your communication to MP and if not responded to you can go to parliamentary standards committee for misconduct of representation. And some of you have press access.

"& receive nothing but plattudes & standard copy/pasted paragraphs? Please! Visit your MP & personally deliver your concerns, watch the blank face, the false smile & the automaton responses. Observe the absolute lack of concern face to face. Then tell me to keep emailing, writing & phoning these damned puppets."

In response to that sort of arguement I will always say:

 I know people where theyve got MPs like you describe, they write still, and also look for MPs who are championing the issue concerned with and write to them explaining the retiscence of their own MP.

In my belief you should combat the "it not worth it" because ONE communication in the right place at right time can make a huge impact.




Comments

Popular Posts