JSA , lambasted by this govt......

EXCLUSIVE!




Theres a massive focus on tiny sections of expenditure by this govt.

And then this happens......

A fella on JSA goes to Jobcentre
Is put on a course.
The course says "Research a subject, and do a presentation to the people on the course"
Now this sounds all fair. However the presentation chosen by Benjamin here was RESEARCH on JSA and Jobcentres. Ironic. No. Brilliant? Yes.

The following I got from Benjamin:
=====================
(Dear Jules, Via email ) 
In June I was forced to go on a course by the Jobcentre as I'd been unemployed for six months. I say forced because if I hadn't gone on the course, they would have sanctioned my benefits. The course wasn't as painful, embarrassing, and demeaning as I expected it to be.. A constituent part of the course was that I had to do a presentation. I decided, given the resources and audience that I'd research the true impact of Job Seekers allowance on society. It busted myths and made people feel a lot better about their situation. When questions pop up, ask yourself those questions. Share it, and ask and show others. The presentation makes a compelling case.

I was happy to keep the presentation to myself and put it away having only shown it to the group. That changed though. The myths need busting, and I'll tell you why. Every time I hear about a bedroom tax suicide, I realise as many people as possible need to see this, to debunk myths. Every time I hear about yet another person dying after being found "fit for work" I realise it needs to be seen. We need to be heard, that's why I need people to see it.

Benjamin
====================
Did I tell you also he showed me MSM emails not wanting to particularly extract info from slides 40ish onward? No? Ah. Thats what they did.they didnt wanna show anyone.

The presentation is in powerpoint.I've hyperlinked it to microsoft on line. There should be no compatibility / viewing problems.

                                          < Click here to see the presentation >

A bit of myth busting eh?

Nice one Benjamin.


PS . ALSO CAN YOU LOOK OVER TO THE RIGHT, A LITTLE LOWER DOWN, CLICK AND SIGN WOWPETITION. THANKS




Comments

  1. Must point out Figures are from last years budget and June

    ReplyDelete
  2. brilliant job by him wonder whot thejobsworthys thought jeff3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliantly presented Ben...................a lesson for all the doubters where this message should be aimes at IDS and those voting for parliament........................good on yer son..................Sean

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for putting this together and for sharing it. I don't feel so alone and despairing now. Those who haven't been there don't always understand. I have an MA and employers won't even employ me for the minimum wage. It leaves me feeling worthless.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts